2020 South Dakota Cooperative Hall of Fame
Organizations or individuals may submit nominations to the SD Cooperative Hall of Fame. All nominations must be signed. In addition to this form, you may use up to three additional pages to provide as much background information and detail.as possible. Typed information should use bold-face headings for various criteria, with single spacing within paragraphs and double spacing between paragraphs.
- IDENTIFICATION (please print carefully)
Name of Nominee ________________________________________________________
Living ____ Deceased _____
Address (if living) _________________________________________________________
- SELECTION CRITERIA
Induction into the SD Cooperative Hall of Fame is the highest honor that the cooperative community bestows
on individuals who have made genuinely heroic contributions to the cooperative form of enterprise. The SD Cooperative Hall of Fame recognizes those whose contributions are especially significant in enhancing the cooperative idea, its broader acceptance, or to the substantial advancement of cooperative enterprise in any of its various forms.
The Selection Committee will consider the following criteria. Please provide detailed information on the major contributions and activities of the nominee relating to these criteria as well as the individualís commitment and contributions to his/her community.
- (25 points) Demonstrated statesmanship, innovation, personal commitment, leadership and vision beyond the professional competence and requirements of the personís service to the cooperative sector. If the nominee did not hold office in a cooperative, please indicate how he/she demonstrated the same qualities to advance cooperatives.
- (15 points) Achieved identifiable and lasting changes to improve and promote cooperatives. Inspired and persuaded others to act to advance the cooperative system.
- (15 points) Exhibited commitment to the cooperative community through years of service, membership and offices held.
- (15 points) Demonstrated commitment and contributions to his/her community.
- LETTERS OF ENDORSEMENT
Please attach not more than three letters of endorsement that relate to one or more of the selection criteria.
Name of sponsor (s) (please print clearly)
Affiliation with cooperative enterprise ________________________________________
Signature of Sponsor ____________________________________________________
- DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS
Nomination and letters of endorsement must be received at the office of the SD Cooperative Hall of Fame Committee no later than July 24, 2020. Nominations and letters received after the deadline will not be considered this year but will be considered the following year.
Nominations and letters should be sent to:
Cooperative Hall of Fame Selection Committee
c/o South Dakota Association of Cooperatives
116 N Euclid, Pierre SD 57501
- SELECTION POOL
Nominations are held in the selection pool for two consecutive years.
Inductees selected for inclusion in the SD Cooperative Hall of Fame will be recognized at the 2019 Co-op
Month Banquet to be held September 9, 2020, in Watertown, SD
Information on the Cooperative Hall of Fame may be obtained by contacting by Brenda Forman via email email@example.com or by calling 605.945.2548 or any member of the Hall of Fame Committee listed below.
The SD Cooperative Hall of Fame Program Sponsoring Organizations:
SD Assoc. of Cooperatives ≤ SD Assoc. of Telephone Cooperatives ≤ CHS, Inc.
SD Cooperative Managers Assoc.≤ SD Farmers Union ≤ SD Rural Electric Assoc.